Wednesday, 16 April 2008

18 April 2008: My university graduation day

At the time of writing, it was only a day left before I get on the North West University’s Great Hall stage. I have been through a lot as far as preparation for this day is concerned. It hasn’t been an easy road.

I even gave up at one stage thinking that I must just stay at home and not come and graduate. But through God’s mercy – here I am just counting a day before one of the greatest days of my life.

On 18 April 2008, I will be graduating my Bachelors of Administration. I hope it will be fun and interesting. This is because I have never attended graduations before nor had the interesting of attending them before. Why/ I really don’t know. Or it could be that they never turned me on. But now that this coming Friday’s going to be my special day – I really have to get turned on.

Notwithstanding the confidence and fun that it comes with – at the time of writing, I still hadn’t found all the materials I needed for my graduation. I will try by all means to ensure that I get everything in order and on time.

What is sad about this day, or at least think will be sad about it is that only Momlu, the person I referred to as having been hard for me to say goodbye to her here: Just Like that!: Goodbye: How do I say it?, will be attending my graduations. As if that’s not enough – but my Mom whom I lost during my first year 2005 will not be there to see her only child and son graduate from university.

My close family will not be able to attend too. It will be somewhat sad as I won’t be able to invite people I would have loved to see at my graduation.

In the end – I believe God will be with me on Friday as he has been with me throughout my life.

No comments: